What is HEADSTRONG?
1) The Summit – A HEADSTRONG summit brings together small groups of students from various schools for an exciting day of learning. They will:
- hear stories of hope and recovery from speakers with lived experience
- participate in stigma-busting activities
- design action plans to use when they return to school
A Summit Team supports the event, striving to ensure summit participants have a great experience and the goals of the summit are reached.
2) Taking HEADSTRONG to schools – Student summit attendees start an in-school HEADSTRONG committee with other interested students and the support of a staff member. Students use their own creativity and use activity toolkits to hold awareness and education activities for the whole school.